Escape to the “City of Eternal Spring”
AT A GLANCE
- An entertaining, extended weekend exploring beautiful Yunnan
- Round-trip transportation from Beijing
- 2 nights’ 3* accommodation (double occupancy)
- Entrance to attractions and activities
- 8 meals (Day 1 dinner, Day 2 and Day 3 breakfast, lunch and dinner, Day 4 breakfast)
- Comprehensive travel insurance
- SnapAdventures trip leader and local guide
- *Itinerary may change without notice (see below)
Translated into English Yunnan means “Southern Clouds”, and given its altitude and proximity to Tibet, the name seems apt. However, Yunnan is also home to many of China’s fifty-five ethnic minority groups, which give the province a unique flavor in terms of both cuisine and culture.
During SnapAdventures’ Yunnan tour, musicians and entertainers from different minorities will delight you with their song and dance. You’ll visit Shilin, where the limestone karst mountains which play a prominent role in much of China’s geography are so intricate that the place is literally named “stone forest”.
We’ll also pass through ancient Dali, once the capital of a separate kingdom based in Yunnan. The Old City remains well preserved and the nearby Three Pagodas of Chongsheng Temple are some of China’s tallest. Dali is also famous for its marble stone, to the extent that marble in Chinese is simply known as Dali stone, though we suggest that you not buy anything you can’t carry yourself!
Your trip is seamlessly coordinated by a friendly SnapAdventures trip leader who will make sure everything runs smoothly, and a local guide who will tell you everything you want to know about Yunnan and more!
* SnapAdventures reserves the right to change the itinerary without notice. However, we will only do so if we believe it’s in the best interests of the trip – ie. to reduce travel times, minimize hassles, etc.
Evening flight to Kunming.
Visit the city tour, Stone Forest, and local minorities village for bonfire and performances.
Bus to Dali. Visit Dali Old City and the Three Pagodas of Chongsheng Temple.
Bus to Kunming, flight to Beijing.